The Alumni Association Seeking Nominations for Alumni Board of Directors
The St. Louis College of Pharmacy Alumni Association is currently seeking the nomination of alumni leaders to be considered for one open position on the association’s board of directors. Potential nominees should have demonstrated service and leadership and display a strong understanding and commitment to the mission of the Alumni Association and the advancement of St. Louis College of Pharmacy.
Congratulations to Larry Caruso '85 for being selected to fill the open position on the Alumni Association's board of directors. Thank you to all who applied and interviewed!
About the Board
The board is made up of officers, directors and the student president of the Student Alumni Association who, in their advisory roles, lead the organization in its service to the College and its alumni. Leadership provided by the board is essential to the successful implementation of programs designed to accomplish the mission of the association: “To enhance interaction among alumni, students, the community, and the College.”
Except for ex-officio members and students, each elected director shall hold office for a term of two years or until the successor is elected and qualified. No director may be elected to serve more than three consecutive terms as a member of the governing board. Term limits for directors elected to an office may be suspended while serving as an officer. All officers shall be elected from the current governing board at the regular meeting of the Board of Directors scheduled in March or at a subsequent meeting, and must have served on the Board at least one year prior to their election.
The Office of Alumni Relations (OAR) staff collaborates with board members by providing information to facilitate decision making and involvement in programs and activities.
The Alumni Association board of directors establishes the overall strategic direction of the Alumni Association and provides council to the OAR staff, supporting the development of programs and services for alumni, students, and the College. Directors meet four times a year. They serve on standing committees that help establish policy, develop goals and objectives, and assist the OAR staff with long-range planning. Board and committee responsibilities require the involvement of directors between meetings, as well. Members of the Alumni Association board are selected based on demonstrated involvement, support, and commitment to St. Louis College of Pharmacy’s mission and strategic plan. In accepting an appointment to the Alumni Association board of directors, an individual agrees to fulfill the expectations and responsibilities associated with board affiliation. These include, but are not limited to:
• Ensuring compliance with the bylaws.
• Serving a two-year renewable term, subject to term limits, per the bylaws of the Alumni Association
• Making an annual financial contribution, within member's respective means, to the College
• Be knowledgeable about the College, its current programs and status, future vision, and direction.
• Attending all board meetings, preparing for agenda items and issues, and studying supporting materials
• Participating in at least one Board Committee.
• Encouraging attendance at Reunion and other alumni events both locally and regionally
• Representing the interests of everyone served by the association, without favoring any special interests
• Acting as an advocate for the association and the College
• Identifying, cultivating and recruiting future leaders for the Alumni Association
• Accepting leadership positions and other special assignments when asked