Committees and Groups
Strengthen the STLCOP Professional Network
Have you ever attended an event and thought you would have enjoyed it more in the company of your STLCOP friends? You’re probably right. It’s why we schedule activities ranging from golf outings to professional conferences for our alumni. But we’d like your input, too. After all, you’ve got the inside track on which events and programs appeal to our College alumni.
You can share your ideas for strengthening the STLCOP network in a number of ways. You might want to get involved in our Alumni Association committees, helping to plan alumni activities or support your colleagues. Or you might want to delve more deeply into a topic, such as women in pharmacy, through one of our shared interest groups. If you’d like a leadership role, you could seek a spot on the Alumni Association board of directors.
Volunteer for an Alumni Association Committee
Golf, galas, or home-cooked meals—whatever type of socializing you prefer, we can use your help brainstorming and organizing it for your STLCOP friends and colleagues. Take a look at the Alumni Association committees below and see where your interests and talents can help establish lifelong connections. If you are interested in getting involved with one of these committees, please contact Stephanie Hoffmann or call 314.446.8419.
- Alumni Affairs Committee. If you’d like to do a little bit of everything, this is your committee. Members plan programs as well as social and networking events for all STLCOP alumni.
- Alumni Golf Classic Committee. You might want to help plan our annual golf tournament if you’re a golf enthusiast. Tournament proceeds benefit the STLCOP Alumni Association’s endowed scholarship fund.
- Reunion Committees. Are you about to celebrate your class reunion? Join a class agent committee to help plan a gathering you’ll always remember.
- Dinner with Pharmacists Program. Serve STLCOP students a home-cooked meal and some professional inspiration through the Student Alumni Association's “Dinner with Pharmacists” program. Hosts serve dinner, or take 6-8 students out to dinner, and discuss their pharmacy career, professional activities and students' aspirations.
Share Your Interests
Pursue a personal interest while enjoying the company of like-minded STLCOP graduates by joining one of our shared interest groups. Each group covers a wide array of topics, so you’re sure to find something within a group that suits you.
- African-American Alumni & Student Chapter. This group supports the professional and personal development of STLCOP African-American alumni while working to establish relationships with the African-American students.
- Gold Alumni Chapter. Learn firsthand about STLCOP’s rich traditions by joining the Gold Alumni Chapter, which caters to alumni who graduated 50 or more years ago. You can help plan the Annual Gold Alumni reception or serve as host at monthly luncheons during the school year. Contact Stephanie Hoffmann or call 314.446.8419 if you’d like to take advantage of this opportunity to meet and support STLCOP’s older alumni.
- Ladies in Pharmacy Alumni Chapter. Created to enhance women’s influence in pharmacy, the Ladies in Pharmacy group promotes networking and life-long learning among STLCOP alumnae and females in heath care. More info.
- Young Alumni Chapter. You can work with this group to plan and coordinate activities for alumni who graduated 10 or fewer years ago.
- Regional Alumni Chapters. The Alumni Association has regional chapters throughout the Midwest and is looking to expand! Help us bring educational and social events to area!
Become an Alumni Leader
Take a leading role in our effort to build pride and a sense of community among STLCOP graduates by serving on the Alumni Association’s board of directors. Every alumni is eligible for a two-year term. Click here to learn more.