2015 Board of Directors Nominations
Submit nominations for the Alumni Association's board of directors by clicking here. Nominations will be accepted through April 1.
About the Board
The board is made up of officers, directors and the student president of the Student Alumni Association who, in their advisory roles, lead the organization in its service to the College and its alumni. Leadership provided by the board is essential to the successful implementation of programs designed to accomplish the mission of the association: “To enhance interaction among alumni, students, the community, and the College.”
Except for ex-officio members and students, each elected director shall hold office for a term of two years or until the successor is elected and qualified. No director may be elected to serve more than three consecutive terms as a member of the governing board. The term limit can only be suspended while president.
The Office of Alumni Relations (OAR) staff collaborates with board members by providing information to facilitate decision making and involvement in programs and activities.
The Alumni Association board of directors establishes the overall strategic direction of the Alumni Association and provides council to the OAR staff, supporting the development of programs and services for alumni, students, and the College. Directors meet four times a year. They serve on standing committees that help establish policy, develop goals and objectives, and assist the OAR staff with long-range planning. Board and committee responsibilities require the involvement of directors between meetings, as well. Members of the Alumni Association board are selected based on demonstrated involvement, support, and commitment to St. Louis College of Pharmacy’s mission and strategic plan. In accepting an appointment to the Alumni Association board of directors, an individual agrees to fulfill the expectations and responsibilities associated with board affiliation. These include, but are not limited to:
• Ensuring compliance with the bylaws.
• Serving a two-year renewable term, subject to term limits, per the bylaws of the Alumni Association
• Making an annual financial contribution, within member's respective means, to the College
• Be knowledgeable about the College, its current programs and status, future vision, and direction.
• Attending at least 75% of board meetings, preparing for agenda items and issues, and studying supporting materials
• Participating in at least one board committee.
• Encouraging attendance at Reunion and other alumni events both locally and regionally
• Representing the interests of everyone served by the association, without favoring any special interests
• Acting as an advocate for the association and the College
• Identifying, cultivating and recruiting future leaders for the Alumni Association
• Accepting leadership positions and other special assignments when asked